Monday, September 8, 2008

Tagged

My wife, Molly, tagged me. So, here are six random things about me:

1. Some of you may know that I like to do impressions or impersonations of famous people or characters. Some I do better than others. I rarely do them for others because I don't know what to say in that voice and I'm not sure the condition of my throat. Voices sound better if one's throat isn't dry (one has to use water or soda, not milk) and has been warmed up (similar to singing). So, I usually end up being my audience, which is okay by me. However, I do have to be careful when there are passers-by. I developed this talent on my mission with a companion that didn't mind hearing me practice. It was quite fun as we walked from appointment to appointment. Okay, so you're probably wondering who my favorites are. I like to do: Doc Brown, George McFly, Biff Tannen, Pinky and the Brain, Kermit the Frog, Yoda, Darth Vader (which doesn't sound too impressive without computer enhancement; both James Earl Jones's and Broch Peters's versions), Obi-Wan Kenobi (both Alec Guiness's and Ewan McGregor's versions), Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (both who just whine and complain a lot, so they're easy), Count Dooku, Dumbledore (Jim Dale version, Richard Harris version, and Michael Gambon version), Don Knotts, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewert, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse (this one I do for only a select few), Goofy, Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy, Captain Picard, Worf, Data, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Scooby-Doo, and Shaggy, too. There are probably others, but I'm not sure how many I can do.

2. I like to play games of all kinds. I am not that great of a player, but I like to for the conversation and to be some one to compete with. I've always wanted to publish a game. I have thought of two games that are based off of combinations of other fun games that I've played. The first one that I conceived was a Star Trek game where one commands a fleet of ships based on the races featured from the various eras of the game. My wife says that no one would play a space game like that, so I thought of another one based in Medieval times, which is another type that I like. It's called Wizard Chess. My wife again said that I needed to think of another title because of the Wizard's Chess from Harry Potter. This leads me into the next random thing.

3. I like to read. I also like to listen to audiobooks, too. Many narrators provide different voices for the characters in the books, and I think that's fun. I wish that I had more time to read. I'm reading the Twilight series now. I like the Harry Potter series and the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series, too. My favorite books when I was younger were from the Star Trek series and Calvin and Hobbes. I have an iPod, and these are the types of things that I like to put on it.

4. How I like music is different for me than everyone that I know. Growing up, people always asked what my favorite band was. I didn't have an answer for them. Music from the radio has always bored me. They play the same thing over and over. At least this is what the few stations I can tolerate do, even when I try to listen to the words. Most music on the radio sound grating, and not very pleasant. My CD collection is small. There are a few that I like. I do like music that is soothing (like Star Wars Episode II Love Theme) or inspiring (like the Indiana Jones Theme, Superman Theme, or the Olympic Themes), but most classical music doesn't fit this category. I do like John William's work. (I just reread that random thing and it sounds depressing. Sorry!)

5. (Something more upbeat.) I like dessert! In regular portions, that is. I love cherry desserts, like cherry pie, cherry cheesecake, and cherry crisp. I could open a can of cherries and eat the whole thing. (But I wouldn't really do that for real. It's a lot of cherries.) Most of Molly's family and many others I know don't like cherries like me, so I don't tell many people this. I love cookies. My favorite are chocolate chip, oatmeal, and chocolate. I also love pudding and pudding desserts, like pudding pies, and the vanilla wafer pudding dessert thing. I love ice cream with toppings. I'm not sure if I have a favorite ice cream. I like them all. I love to put lots of carmel on top. I also like it with bannanas or brownies. (Talking about this is making me hungry.) I like wafers and candy bars, like the little bite size ones. I also like Junior Mints and M&Ms. (Gosh, it really sounds like I have a sweet tooth. It's rare that I eat these things.)

6. Last one. There are many random things about me, but I only have one more to do. I like to collect things. I have a rock collection, a coin collection (I do fancy myself as a numismatist), a stamp collection, and a baseball card collection. My most favorite thing to collect is action figures. I have a Transformer, a Voltron, some He-man figures, a number of Star Wars figures, some light sabers, and others from that era. I would like to get more, but sometimes I just think that I want to sell them, too.

Here are the rest of the things I need to do:

The Rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when you've posted.

1. Tagged by Molly.
2. Done (see above).
3. Again done (see above).
4. Not done (I'm not sure I know that many people in the blogging world. At least ones that haven't been tagged yet. Sorry!).
5. Not done (see above reason).
6. Done.

2 comments:

The Pratts said...

Good Job Shawn! That was fun to read! I have a coin collection question for you... I need to call you about it. I will talk to you soon! Hope all is well with my cute little girls (Molly included)!

Molly said...

Way to go honey!! You can work on your games after you are done with school - deal? (and I mean after the 4 -5 years, not just today!)