Friday, October 3, 2008

1 Nephi 11:7

At this point, Nephi is still conversing with the Spirit at the beginning of his vision. Previously, Nephi stated that he wanted to see what his father saw. In Verse 7, the Spirit instructs Nephi that he will see the tree from his father's vision and afterwar a man descending out of heaven. This man is the Son of the most high God. Upon seeing this, Nephi is then able bear record that it is Him. He will be able to testify of Him to anyone. Once he has this knowledge, I think that Nephi is henceforth called to testify of Him, and he does.

Usually I try to apply the scriptures to me and my day. I have been given a degree of knowledge concerning the gospel. I have a testimony of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I know they exist and that Jesus Christ lived on the earth. The Bible gives us an account of His days. The Book of Mormon does, too. Nephi's vision here is one of the times these things are discussed in detail. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. Every time I hear his story and share it with others, the Holy Ghost is present. This has been affirmed and reaffirmed for me time and again. I wish time would permit me to share more.

No comments: