Tuesday, February 10, 2009

1 Nephi 16:30-32

Nephi is now ready to go out to hunt again. He reads the directions on the ball and goes to a nearby mountain to hunt for food. He is able to slay wild beasts for his family. He brings them back and when his family sees them, how great is their joy! I would imagine that their joy is great. The only thing that I have experienced in my life compared to this is when it is time to eat again after a 24 hour fast. (I wonder if any one of them thought to fast when they didn't have food anyway.) This is a huge blessing when there are so many families that always go without. I've had kids in my classes when I taught school that would have to come without breakfast every morning. It was so sad because they thought that this was what life was supposed to be like. In the end of verse 32 it says that the whole family did humble themselves again before the Lord and gave thanks for the food that they had. This is important to note because they were doing something good and for the next few verses.

No comments: