Friday, February 20, 2009

1 Nephi 17:14

We last left Nephi in the middle of a conversation with the Lord on a mountain near the land Bountiful. The Lord is now telling Nephi about how they will be grateful to have been brought to the promised land and saved from being destroyed in the land of Jerusalem, and that it was He that brought them out. I wanted to say that we need to acknowledge the hand of the Lord in all aspects of our lives. In Doctrine and Covenants 59:21 it states, "And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments." So I was thinking about how many times I confess that the hand of the Lord was in my life. I know that there are things that I miss. I like to think that if we pray about something we need and the Lord waits until He thinks it is time to bless us, then we realize that it only came by His hand. I know that He truly blesses us with many things, much more than we realize. Let us try to count our many blessings...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., ∞.

No comments: