Wednesday, July 22, 2009

1 Nephi 22:3-4

"3 Wherefore, the things of which I have read are things pertaining to things both atemporal and spiritual; for it appears that the house of Israel, sooner or later, will be bscattered upon all the face of the earth, and also camong all nations.
"4 And behold, there are many who are already lost from the knowledge of those who are at Jerusalem. Yea, the more part of all the atribes have been bled away; and they are cscattered to and fro upon the disles of the sea; and whither they are none of us knoweth, save that we know that they have been led away."

We see that Nephi answers Laman and Lemuel's question (see v. 1) saying that the things from the selection of Isaiah's words pertained to things temporal and spiritual. He goes on to say that in order for the prophesies to come to pass about a gathering and such, the house of Israel must be scattered among all nations. In the next verse, he says that there are already many that have been led away and scattered upon the isles of the sea and because of this they have lost their knowledge of those who are at Jerusalem. I'm thinking that this is a good thing in light of something Nephi said near the end of his life (2 Nephi 25:6):

"6 But behold, I, Nephi, have not taught my children after the manner of the Jews; but behold, I, of myself, have dwelt at Jerusalem, wherefore I know concerning the regions round about; and I have made mention unto my children concerning the judgments of God, which ahath come to pass among the Jews, unto my children, according to all that which Isaiah hath spoken, and I do not write them."

This verse reiterates Isaiah's prophesy concerning the house of Israel and the Jews being a part of that, being scattered among all nations because of their wickedness.

2 comments:

Grandma Tii said...

Hi Shawn, I enjoy reading your post. I haven't been on for a while so I need some catching up. I love your insights. Thanks, T

sdbroder said...

Thanks, T! I'm glad that you've enjoyed my post. I left a comment on your blog, too! I hope things continue to go well in Russia. It's so neat to see that you and your husband are able to spend full time in the gathering of Israel. TTYL!