Friday, November 21, 2008

1 Nephi 14:14-17

Nephi sees that the power of God is with the covenant people of the Lord. I am/want to stay in that group, because Nephi saw that wars and rumors of wars were made by those who belonged to the great and abominable church against the saints of God. I want to be on the side that has the power of God with them. I want to know that there are more with us than against us. I imagine that it might literally be that way. A story that fits my vision is found in 2 Kings 6:15-17, during one of the many times Syria comes against Israel to war. At this time, Elisha is the prophet:

"15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

Verse 17 talks about the spiritual wars that go on. Again, there are more with us than with them. Here is a pertinent scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 84:88:

" 88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

When we go and preach, or share, the gospel, we have the support of Heavenly Father. That is, if we are righteous and we pray beforehand. Let us do so.

No comments: