Thursday, June 11, 2009

1 Nephi 20:15

Here is the text to verse 15:

"15 Also, saith the Lord; I the Lord, yea, I have spoken; yea, I have called ahim to declare, I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous."

In this verse, I'm not sure who "him" is that the Lord has called. It is possible that it is Isaiah testifying to the people that he is a prophet. It could be others. There are a lot of people that the Lord has called to declare and were brought and made their ways prosperous.

But this is what I wanted to say: the Lord calls men (and women) to testify of Him. He calls men to be prophets and speak for Him to the entire world. (The Lord tells them what to say anyway.) I like the scripture in Amos 3:7, which says:

"7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, abut he brevealeth his csecret unto his servants the dprophets."

This is very important in our times. We need a prophet. We need to heed the prophet. We have a prophet that lives and guides us. What has he said? Here is a link to the latest General Conference that tells us:

http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1032,00.html

The prophet's name is Thomas S. Monson. This is true.

No comments: